wcma.com 2019-2020 WCMA Buyers Guide 5
issues and initiatives, “chat” with other members, and
more! Comprehensive and easy to navigate, it serves
as a one-stop site for all the information you need on
the industry, including the WCMA Labor Relations
Bulletin, Legislative News, Virginia Tech Housing Reports, and other important Industry News and Events.
Industry Standards: The WCMA establishes and
maintains the “Rules and Specifications for Dimension and Woodwork.” A necessary addition to any
plant, the Rulebook covers dimension and component
grading rules, tolerances, and claim procedures for
domestic and export trade. It also serves as a guideline for buyers of dimension and component products
when specifying their component products. The pock-et-sized Rulebook is available for $10.00 per copy to
non-members and is available free to members.
WCMA Mission Statement & Objectives:
The Wood Component Manufacturers Association
advances and promotes the interests of the North
American wood products industry through interactive and innovative manufacturing solutions. The
objectives of the WCMA are as follows:
• Promote a friendly exchange of ideas among
those engaged in the dimension and component
• Develop and promote a general demand for the
industry’s products and services.
• Collect and distribute useful economic and
technical information concerning industry trends and
• Serve as a business referral clearinghouse by responding to inquiries from dimension and component
buyers and passing this information on to members.
• Conduct seminars and meetings that will satisfy
the educational needs of our members.
• Establish and maintain standard rules and specifications for the dimension & components industry.
• Cooperate with other wood product trade associations and appropriate government agencies to
promote and protect the interests of the industry.
As a company in the wood components industry,
one of the wisest investments you can make is mem-
bership in the WCMA. To take advantage of these
many member benefits, visit WCMA.com today and
fill out the membership application. You can also con-
tact the WCMA office with any questions.
High Performance 3 Axis CNC Machining Centers
www.thermwood.com • 800-533-6901
P.O. Box 662 Lindstrom, MN 55045
Tel: 651-332-6332 Fax: 651-400-3502
See us at AWFS Booth #7425